Hello Romp, Chomp, and Stompers!
Welcome to our 10th annual Chomp & Stomp Festival happening on November 3rd. We have been working hard for the past 10 years to perfect our little neighborhood fundraiser and boy have we grown in the process. Just to show you have far we have come, our first Chili Cook-off had 20 individual chili’s with about 900 attendees. Last year we had 100 individual chilis, 30 restaurants chilis, 75 artists, 30 food vendors, 15 celebrity judges, and between 19,000 and 22,000 attendees!
What to expect the day of
A typical Chomp Festival includes a romp through Cabbagetown, described as an easy, flat, 5K followed up with beer for breakfast for the hardy.
Find that perfect spot at one of our 3 music stages for some bodacious bluegrass music that traveled from all over just to see you.
At 12:30 the Chili Tasting Begins! Grab that $5 spoon and dive down the Chili Rows. Are you going to hit individual chilis first or do you find it hard to resist the temptations of Restaurant Row.
Make sure to wander through our Artist Market that has as much Cabbagetown flavor as the chili. Don’t miss Brussel Sprout Park where the stage is family friendly.Last years entertainment included our very own Zoo Atlanta and the Georgia Bubble guy just to name a few. Can’t wait to see what we will do this year.
Don’t forget to wander back to our main stage for the Cabbagetown games. The brussel sprout bobbing can be a bit competitive so stand back and be amazed. At 5pm, we announce the winners for both the individual and restaurant chilis.
Everything that happens that day
- 7:00 am: Race registration (Milltown) No registration day of. They are sold out!
- 8:00 am: Race begins
- 9:00 am: Beer Jockeybox opens for Romp runners
- 9:45 am: Race Awards
- 11:00 am FESTIVAL BEGINS* Music on our Main Stage, Amphitheatre, and Peachy Park starts, the Artist Market is open and our Vendors and slinging food for those to hungry to wait for the chili.
- 12:00 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Honor the Cabbage!
- 12:30 pm: Chili Tasting begins
- 1:15 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Cabbage Shredding Contest
- 2:30 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Bobbing for Brussel Sprouts
- 4:00 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Slaw Eating Contes
- 5:00 pm: Chili Winners Announced Main Stage
- 6:00 FESTIVAL ENDS
Though it has been 10 years in the making, one thing has not changed. You are the one who brings the festivity to our little festival. Thank you Cabbagetown, neighbors, travelers, sponsors, local businesses, and volunteers! We thank you from the bottom of our chili bowls.
Chomp & Stomp Committee 2012