Hello Romp, Chomp, and Stompers!
Welcome to our 12th annual Chomp & Stomp Festival happening on November 1st. We have been working hard for the past 12 years to perfect our little neighborhood fundraiser and boy have we grown in the process. Just to show you have far we have come, our first Chili Cook-off had 20 individual chili’s with about 900 attendees. Last year we had 100 individual chilis, 29 restaurants chilis, 75 artists, 20 food vendors, 19 celebrity judges, and between 22,000 and 24,000 attendees but please don’t bring your dogs. You will be turned away. Too crowded.
Everything that happens at Chomp
- 7:00 am: Race registration (Milltown) No registration day of if they are sold out and they have been the last 4 years.
- 8:00 am: Race begins
- 9:00 am: Beer opens for Romp runners
- 9:45 am: Race Awards
- 11:00 am FESTIVAL BEGINS* Music on our Main Stage, Amphitheatre, and Peachy Park starts, the Artist Market is open and our Vendors and slinging food for those to hungry to wait for the chili.
- 12:00 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Honor the Cabbage!
- 12:30 pm: Chili Tasting begins (Make sure to buy that $5.00 spoon at any Welcome Station!)
- 1:15 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Cabbage Shredding Contest
- 2:30 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Slaw Eating Contest
- 4:00 pm: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Bobbing for Brussel Sprouts
- 5:30 pm: Chili Winners Announced Main Stage
- 6:00 FESTIVAL ENDS
What to expect the day of
No Doggies allowed.
A typical Chomp Festival includes a romp through Cabbagetown, described as an easy, flat, 5K followed up with beer for breakfast for the hardy.
Find that perfect spot at one of our 4 music stages for some bodacious bluegrass music that traveled from all over just to see you.
At 12:30 the Chili Tasting Begins! Grab that $5 spoon and dive down the Chili Rows. Are you going to hit individual chilis first or do you find it hard to resist the temptations of Restaurant Row.
Make sure to wander through our Artist Market that has as much Cabbagetown flavor as the chili. Don’t miss Brussel Sprout Park where the stage is family friendly. Can’t wait to see what we will do this year.
Don’t forget to wander back to our main stage for the Cabbagetown games. The brussel sprout bobbing can be a bit competitive so stand back and be amazed. At 5pm, we announce the winners for both the individual and restaurant chilis.
Remember No Doggies allowed.
Though it has been 12 years in the making, one thing has not changed. You are the one who brings the festivity to our little festival. Thank you Cabbagetown, neighbors, travelers, sponsors, local businesses, and volunteers! We thank you from the bottom of our chili bowls.
Chomp & Stomp Committee 2014